DAQ: VME/LynxOs Cluster
DAQ Project list
Purpose of System
- VME crate controller (CC) are the backbone of the HERA-B
- in 1996 and 97: readout of test components via CC
- final experiments: monitor and control via CC
- online/daq software development platform
- operation, control of experiment: ....
The HERA-B VME cluster consists of approx. 30 diskless VME CPUs
(Crate Controllers): hb-vme01, hb-vme02, ...., hb-vme30.
All CPUs are built by CETIA, they have PowerPC processor (either
a 601 with 100 MHZ, 604 with 150MHz or 604e with 200 MHz),
32 MB memory on board, ethernet-,
serial line and scsi interfaces and are operated either
The boot- and homedirectory server is located on the on the hb-lynx machine,
a P200 running Linux
(cp. Online Linux Cluster).
- LynxOs 2.3: hb-vme01 - hb-vme20
- LynxOs 2.5: hb-vme21, ... (new PPC604E - 200MHz).
For the test phase and migration there exist a first memo
Usage of new VME-CPUs )
Two data disks are NFS mounted from the hb-linux machine.
The vme homedirectories are accessible from the online Linux machines
User Support / FAQ
- If you need an account, in case of questions
or if you want to mount disks from other computers, send an email:
- the reference password file is kept on the hb-linux,
but there exists yet no automatic
- LynxOs manuals are available in building 66 (K.Ehret) and
building 49 (J.Luedemann)
- automatic backups and recovery of lost files : cp.
Online Linux Cluster Docu: FAQ)
Machine Overview / Usage
You can have a look on a detailed overview of the